Forensic entomology relates to the use of insects to provide information about the post- mortem interval, suspected abuse or neglect and body movement. The entomology service provided by CAHID has been designed to be highly cost effective: Staff from CAHID are trained in the collection of entomological samples from a scene. The samples are then sent for analysis and interpretation
The analysis of entomological evidence can provide the following information:
- Establish the post-mortem interval (PMI).
- Provide information about abuse/neglect of all ages.
- Provide information on whether a body has been moved between locations.
- Provide information on whether a body has been moved from a concealed location to an exposed location.
- Provide information about Public Health Issues.